- What is the difference between PSTN/SIP call in Voice service and PSTN/SIP call in Video service?
- What is the difference between a shared and dedicated number?
- Can I have a custom greeting for incoming calls?
- How do I respond to incoming calls in your web application?
- I want to receive DTMF notification. How do I do this?
- How can I set up my own IVR for incoming calls?
- How to Record incoming/outbound Phone Calls?
- How to make an outbound call during the free trial period?
- Can I make outbound calls without buying a dedicated number?
- Can I make a PSTN call without creating a Room?
- I have text to be played on a voice call, can I use EnableX TTS?
- Can I make bulk dial outcalls and play messages?
- Can I make a PSTN to PSTN call and still record it?
- What kind of prerecorded audio files can I use with Voice API
- What countries do you support for voice calls?
- How can I connect to SIPConnect of my company’s IP PBX?
- Can I use standard SIP URL for making the outbound calls?
- How will I be charged for voice and Bridging calls?
- How do you charge for voice calls recordings
- How do I block premium phone numbers?
- How do i disable outbound calls to specific countries
What is the difference between PSTN/SIP call in Voice service and PSTN/SIP call in Video service?
EnableX platform provides “voice service” and “video services” as separate services. These services can interoperate or coexist in the same user application but the purpose of these services differ in the use case scenario. Following are the key differences between these two services:
• Video service creates WebRTC based “EnableX Room”.
• The PSTN/SIP call can connect to EnableX room via EnableX WebRTC-SIP gateway.
• Incoming call over PSTN can be directed into the EnableX room via a PIN-based IVR. Every room has a unique pin allocated for it.
• The incoming call number can be provisioned from a shared number or a dedicated number
• Outbound number can be a shared number or a dedicated number
Video Service is always associated with a EnableX Room, and is enabled as SIP room to allow legacy calls to join the room.see server REST API to Create Room
• Voice only service use cases are usually based on PSTN/SIP calls used for the voice messaging, IVRs, number masking
• Voice only service calls are not connected to EnableX Room
• Voice only service is associated with a dedicated number, it is not possible to use a shared number. So to use incoming calls on a Voice only server number must use a dedicated number purchased by the user
• Outbound number can be shared number
What is the difference between a shared and dedicated number?
EnableX keeps the pool of numbers for various counties and can be readily used by the partner. In case if the user needs a dedicated number, the user can order the number manually via the form. The types of number are:
• Dedicated number – Dedicated numbers are purchased numbers by the user for the user. These numbers can have DID (Direct Inward Dialing) enabled for the application, i.e. applications can accept the call with a customized greeting or with no greeting or PIN.
• Shared number – These numbers are shared among EnableX users. It is purchased by EnableX and put it on a public pool to be used by multiple consumers as pay per use model, on the same platform.
Enablex numbers also have directional attributes:
• Incoming Only – Calls are inbound towards the EnableX platform from the remote users. In this selection, API to make outgoing calls will fail.
• Outgoing Only – Calls are outbound from the EnableX platform to the remote users. In this selection, API to make incoming calls will fail.
• Incoming + Outgoing – Incoming and outgoing calls are allowed
Can I have a custom greeting for incoming calls?
EnableX allows the user to play a custom greeting for an incoming call. To do so, you need to upload the custom prompt and configure the prompts as follow:
Users can upload the customized prompts as a “.wav” file that can be assigned to play. Each uploaded file is referred by a unique name, that can be used as a handle during the “Play Prompt command” as mentioned below.
To configure the prompts:
• Navigate to the Configure prompt through Voice -> Voice-Prompts.
• If a new prompt is desired, click on “Add new prompt”
• The system allows to upload a prompt media file and return a unique identification to play the prompt via an API
How do I respond to incoming calls in your web application?
EnableX provides a way to configure webhook, that will be called when the incoming call lands on the system. The call could be pre-accepted or need explicit accept depending on the configuration of the project. If the greetings are configured, EnableX accepts the call and plays the greetings, and then invokes the webhook
I want to receive DTMF notification. How do I do this?
EnableX provides webhooks for conveying any events that was observed on the system. For the dtmf events, system will generate configured webhook to handle the DTMF
How can I set up my own IVR for incoming calls?
EnableX provides flexibility to handle incoming calls. A webhook is triggered when the DTMF digit is received. EnableX also provides API to play the prompt. For example, the developer can wait for a digit to be pressed, and if “5” is pressed, play prompt and go to next level. Refer to the API Reference to build the complete IVR system based on these two interfaces
How to Record incoming/outbound Phone Calls?
EnableX provides API to start and stop recording during the call.The recorded files are stored on the server and can be configured to download automatically to your FTP server
How to make an outbound call during the free trial period?
EnableX provides APIs to make out bound call during the free trial period. The max duration of the call will be 30 seconds for a list of 10 countries and will also have a prompt played by EnableX. The CLI for this call be the selected Shared number
Can I make outbound calls without buying a dedicated number?
EnableX allows outgoing calls without buying dedicated numbers. In such cases, Enablex will use the CLI from its shared number pool. This pool is shared among different EnableX users
Can I make a PSTN call without creating a Room?
Yes. EnableX provides a way to make and receive calls without the EnableX room, these services are called Voice services
I have text to be played on a voice call, can I use EnableX TTS?
Yes. EnableX API to play prompt accepts the text as a parameter. Internally EnableX converts the Text to speech in desired accent and gender for the text to speech to be played on the call
Can I make bulk dial outcalls and play messages?
Yes! You can use EnableX platform to make Voice Message Broadcast. EnableX provides API to make bulk outbound calls. You can also create a scenarios either for all the calls or on individual call in a bulk calls. EnableX provides full flexibility to create a complete scenario up to per call basis.
Can I make a PSTN to PSTN call and still record it?
EnableX supports recording of only bridged calls. All initial steps which occur in the voice applications before the calls are bridged are not recorded.
What kind of prerecorded audio files can I use with Voice API
Users can upload .wav files to be used as prerecorded audio
What countries do you support for voice calls?
We allow voice calls to over 200 countries. You may check the countries where we support voice calls in the pricing section of the EnableX web portal. Certain countries are blacklisted by default and may need to have some of your desired countries whitelisted via the user’s dashboard.
How can I connect to SIPConnect of my company’s IP PBX?
EnableX provides a way to connect to the 3rd party SIP server. To do so, navigate to:
Dashboard -> Projects -> Project Dashboard -> Voice -> SIP Settings
Add your SIP servers details and credentials.
You may also need to white list the IP addresse/s of the EnableX SIP server to establish a SIP connection
Can I use standard SIP URL for making outbound call?
Yes. EnableX API to make out bound call does accept the SIP URL
How will I be charged for voice and Bridging calls?
EnableX voice calls are charged per minute. The clock starts ticking once the call is connected. The pricing are detailed on our portal. Note that the pricing differs for different countries and will also varies depending if you are calling a fixed or mobile termination number How will I be charged for bridging calls?
Say an end user is calling to your purchased number N in Country A and you intend to bridge a call terminating in Country B. The cost components are as follows:-
- Rental for your purchased number N will be $X per month. This will be charged monthly even if you are not using your purchased number to make or receive any calls
- For a tolled number, when end users calling into your purchased number N, you will be charged $Y/min
- When the call is bridged to Country B, there will be an additional charge per minute for an outgoing rate to Country B according to the pricing on our portal
How do you charge for voice calls recordings
In addition to the charges for call connections, voice recordings are charged per minute as well as a storage fee.
How do I block premium phone numbers?
Within EnableX voice dashboard, there is a list of blacklisted numbers. You may add or remove numbers from this list as an administrator. Calls using your APP_ID and APP_KEY will be permitted or disabled according to this list
How do i disable outbound calls to specific countries
Within EnableX voice dashboard, there is a list of blacklisted countries. You may add or remove countries from this list as an administrator. Calls using your APP_ID and APP_KEY will be permitted or disabled according to this country list