Table of Contents
- What is the character limit for SMS text messages?
- What is SMS Concatenation?
- What is a Short Code?
- What are the benefits of having a Short Code?
- Can my existing short-code be ported to EnableX?
- How do I procure a new short-code?
- How long does it take to order a short-code?
- What is a Sender ID and why its needed?
What is the character limit for SMS text messages?
A text SMS length is 160 character. However, you can post up to 1537 characters in a single API Post. The message is split into multiple parts and sent to recipients.
What is SMS Concatenation?
When a long SMS Text Message is sent out in multiple parts, the receiver phone concatenates all these parts to make it readable as a Single SMS.
What is a Short Code?
A short code is a short virtual number that is 5 or 6 digits long. It is mainly used for sending bulk SMS, notification and OTPs. Dedicated short codes is strictly for used in a specific country and can be used to send or receive SMS
What are the benefits of having a Short Code?
Short code allows much higher A2P throughput. However Short Codes are also more expensive
Can my existing short-code be ported to EnableX?
You can’t port existing Short Codes to EnableX. You need to procure new Short Codes from EnableX and start using.
#How do I procure a new short-code?
If you want to procure a new short code, you need to place an order for it through EnableX Portal. Our Sales Representatives will get in touch with you to understand your requirements and provide you a quotation. Upon submission of all documents and subscription payment, we initiate procurement order with our providers. Once the order it fulfilled, we add the procured short-code to your account.
How long does it take to order a short-code?
Short code lead time may take up to one week to 12 weeks
What is a Sender ID and why its needed?
SenderIDs are required in some countries in order for SMS to be delivered. SenderIDs are also used to identify the company or organisation sending the SMS.
- Alphanumeric Sender IDs, Registration process and Prerequisites.
Certain countries like Vietnam, Indonesia and Thailand require Sender ID registration without which SMS sent may be blocked by the local carriers
- Country wise requirements for Sender ID registration. Different countries requires slightly different information for Sender ID registration. Information required includes Sender ID, Name of the company, type of business, purpose of message, sample message content, company website, business license, registration form
- Charges for registering dedicated Sender IDs EnableX will advise if there are any fees