EnableX Video Recording Delivery Service transfers recording files to a designated server as and when a file(s) get ready for delivery. EnableX delivers files to FTP/SFTP Host, Amazon S3; also we look. EnableX would support more Services to transfer your files to in future.
Table of Contents
- Setup Recording Delivery
- Delivery Notification
- Other Modes to get Recordings
EnableX Video Recording Delivery Service transfers Video Session Recordings to a designated Server configured against your Video Project. If you have opted for Recording Delivery, the Delivery Service transfers files in a batch. Therefore, its not an instant post-session delivery, but a deferred delivery service.
EnableX Recording Delivery Service current supports file transfer to the following Services / Host Servrs:
- FTP / SFTP
- AWS S3
Setup Recording Delivery
Recording Delivery is a Project specific setting. Therefore, each project can have different Delivery Mode & Access Details. However, you are free to use the same Delivery Mode & Access Details against multiple project to get files delivered. Delivery Service keeps transferred files organized in sub-folders named after
room-id/conf-num for easy reference
To setup Recording Delivery:
- Login to Portal
- Navigate to “Projects / My Projects”.
- Click “Video” under Service Column against a project.
- Follow from Left Bar “Video Configuration / Recording Management”.
- You get a Form. to setup type of files to transfer (e.g. Recordings, Transcoded Files); opt and enter Access Credentials to transfer file to opted Host/Service Provider.
- Apart from Recording & Transcoded Files, you may also opt to transfer your Chat-Script and Session Meta Information File(s).
Setup: To transfer to FTP/SFTP Host
The Form has radio button to opt for FTP/SFTP Transfer. Once opted, the Form extends for FTP/SFTP Transfer related information. Fill in the form as needed and submit.
Setup: To transfer using SCP
The Form has radio button to opt for Secured Copy Transfer. Once opted, the Form extends for SCP Transfer related information. Fill in the form as needed and submit.
Setup: To transfer to AWS S3
The Form has radio button to opt for AWS S3 Transfer. Once opted, the Form extends for AWS S3 Transfer related information. Fill in the form as needed and submit.
Further, EnableX also notifies your Application about a successful file transfer though a HTTP post on a designated Webhook URL.
Read more… to know about Notification Service
Other Modes to get Recordings
In case you don’t need Recording Delivery, you may get access to your Video Session Recordings through API and Portal.
Use Server API
Using Server API you can fetch a list of Recordings through a HTTP GET request to its
archive route. You may use the following filters to get the right set recordings as desigred:
- For a Period – For a given From and To date
- For a Room ID
- For a Room ID within a Period
- For a specific Session – For a given Conference Number
After getting the Report, you may need to do HTTP GET to each of the URLs given in the Report to download files individually.
Read more… to know about Server API Route.
Use Portal Report
Portal has Report for Video Session Recordings with many filter options. The Report has direct download links for Individual Recording Files and Transcoded Files.
Follow the steps given below to download Recordings:
- Login to Portal
- Navigate to “Reports / Video / Recordings”.
- Click “Download” link against a Video Session
- You get a list of Files to download.